Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dikembe Mutombo'd

Neither Boston University nor William & Mary accepted my graduate school applications. As my sister said, it seems that graduate schools need you to apply two years in a row to prove that you're serious. So now I plan to return to the classroom as a teacher. Even though the rejection hurts, I'm not too upset. The more I considered the possibilities of being a graduate student or secondary school teacher for the next five years, the less I worried about graduate school acceptance. I want to get back to teaching.

In the meantime, here's something I would have loved to study in graduate school: cultural neuroscience. Maybe I'll try to attend a few lectures about it, and pretend that I'm a student.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you gonna contact them and ask why you didn t get in?
-ek

REKording said...

"Quite school. Go to the Library." - Frank Zappa

Erin makes a good suggestion, so that you learn what the hell their looking for.

But ---- doing independent research and learning while you teach the little urchins is not an impossible task. With your varied interests, you could ramge from a polymath to a dilettante.