Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Green Mansions

Netflix offers instant viewing for the PBS series: e2 design, about sustainable living and green design. The show’s website also streams episodes, but not all of the first season. So far I’ve watched up to episode four (about building a house out of Big Dig scraps) of season one, and gotten pumped up each time. While I’ve had the itch before, this series really makes me wanna get involved with this sort of thing. Not just as a hobby, though, but in a “go back to school and become a professional” kind of way.

Maybe it just seems so attractive because Brad Pitt narrates the episodes, but I don’t think it’s a feasible option for me. Just yesterday I came up with some American Studies graduate work that I could really get into. I plan to go to graduate school and eventually return to teaching, either at the high school or college level. I guess I just need to remember that I can’t do everything, especially not at once. And that getting excited about something doesn’t mean I should consider it as a career option – even if Brad Pitt wants me to.

1 comment:

REKording said...

I like this career choice better than exploring the American narrative, but then you won't be able to explain to me how the tall tale is the source of the Big Lie.