Sunday, April 26, 2009

Covers

Next Thursday will be my last day teaching in Landivisiau. I’m a bit sad, though not necessarily because of specific things I’ll miss, but more the general feeling that something is ending. There’s a concert that night at the high school, and I might play drums for a couple of cover songs with some of my students. All students playing in the concert are in the school’s music option, a class in which students pick songs they want to cover, and learn how to play them, eventually performing at periodical concerst. It’s sweet.

Because I have a lot of music option students in one class, I made a mix cd for them. It goes:

Jezebel – Iron and Wine
Film Noir – The Gaslight Anthem
Above the Clouds (feat. Inspectah Deck) – Gang Starr
Big Dipper – Built to Spill
A Fond Farewell – Elliot Smith
Gigantic – The Pixies
Crush – The Smashing Pumpkins
Hybrid Moments – The Misfits
Protect Ya Neck – Wu Tang Clan
He War – Cat Power
Stork and Owl – TV on the Radio
Paper Thin Walls – Modest Mouse
Sprout and the Bean – Joanna Newsom
Oh – Fugazi
The 4th Branch – Immortal Technique
Those Anarcho Punx Are Mysterious – Against Me!
Things I Don’t Remember – Ugly Casanova
Lopsided – At the Drive In
BBF3 – Godspeed You! Black Emperor

No comments: